What Wood Fence Is the Best
Are you interested in a wood fence for your home? When considering a wood fence, you need to decide what type of wood material would best suit your needs. You need to consider what type of climate you live, as well as how much you are willing to spend on wood fencing. To get a better idea of what is out there in terms of wood fences, here is a list of some of the most popular wood fence materials.
- Cedar: As far as wood fences go, we are always concerned about insects eating away at the wood. Cedar is a great option if insect infestation is something that worries you, as it has naturally occurring oils that keep insects at bay. Cedar is also known for how beautiful and long-lasting it is, but it’s important to note that cedar wood fences can be expensive.
- Cypress: If you are looking for a rot-resistant and insect-resistant fence, then cypress is a great option. Cypress has cypretine in its wood, which makes it rot and insect-resistant. They are also a long-lasting wood fence and are also expensive like cedar.
- Pine: Pine is a good choice for homeowners who are looking for an affordable option. The material is soft, not prone to moisture, so there are no issues with the wood contracting. However, pine needs to be coated or the wood can become distorted.
- Redwood: For a beautiful and resilient wood fence, you can’t go wrong with redwood. Its one of the most popular wood materials used for fences, even though it can be expensive. Although expensive, it will last a long time and is resistant to insects and wood rot. Like pine, it also needs to be coated so the color doesn’t change.
- Spruce: In terms of affordable wood materials to use for fences, spruce is up there as being one of the most affordable. The color is also great because it starts out very light but turns into a gray color when it starts to weather. This type of fence isn’t as sturdy as other fences and is susceptible to warping and insect infestations, which is why a sealant is important.
So when it comes time to choose a fence material, you might be wondering which one is the best wood fence. Going over the pros and cons, knowing what type of climate you live in, plus your budget will help you decide what wood fencing type is best for you.
Wood Fence Vs Chain Link
If you are deciding between a wood or chain link fence, it’s important to know the pros and cons of both. When it comes down to cost, many people ask, “Is wood fence cheaper than metal?” when it comes to chain link and wood fences, a chain link fence is going to be less expensive than wood fencing. For homeowners who want a more versatile fence, then wood fencing is going to beat our chain link fences. Chain link fences have a pretty standard design, whereas fences come in a wide range of designs. Ease of installation goes to chain link fences because this type of fence has sections that you easily interlock, whereas wood fences need their panels installed one by one. Again, chain link fences beat wood fences out when it comes to maintenance. Because wood fences can be prone to wood rot and insect infestation, they will need more maintenance. In regards to protection, wood fences are going to add more protection and security to your yard. Chain link fences aren’t very high and you can see through the chain links; wood fences can be incredibly tall and they block out everything. Depending on what your preferences are will depend on whether you want a wood or chain link fence.
How Do You Maintain a Wood Fence?
For those who are interested in wood fencing, you might be wondering, “How long will a wooden fence last?” Depending on the wood used will determine how long the fence will last. Cedar can last up to 30 years, whereas spruce can last up to seven years. In order to keep a wood fence in good shape and lasting for years, you want to keep it maintained. There are some things that can happen to wood fences that can hurt them, such as wood rot and insect infestation. Many people ask, “How do I keep my wooden fence from rotting?” or “How to protect it against insect infestation?” When it comes to protecting against wood rot, you will want to use a stain and also keep the fence clean. To protect against insects, you will need to wash the fence and reduce standing water that can attract insects.
Wood Fence for House
Wood Fence Installation
If you have been thinking about getting a fence for your yard, you may have wondered, “Does fence add value to home?” and the answer is yes. It can add more protection to your home, is great for security, and borders your yard from your neighbors. For homeowners who want a wood fence, call T-Town Fence & Gate for a fence installation in Tulsa, OK. If you require storm damage roof repair you wouldn’t call anyone but a licensed roofer, so when you need a wood fence installed, you need to call contractors who know how to install fences. Get more information about our services by dialing 918-221-0048.